8 Ways You Know You're Having Thanksgiving in Michigan
If you're from Michigan, Home is Where the Hand Is. And when it comes to Thanksgiving, there's no better place to be than with your family enjoying a classic Thanksgiving meal. If all 8 of these show up on your table, you just might be having a True Michigan Thanksgiving...
1. So. Much. Bread. Be careful not to fill up on dinner rolls before you hit the main course!
2. Turkey. Obviously. If your meal does not include a turkey, is it even Thanksgiving? 🤔
3. Ham. This may be debatable, but you'll find a delicious ham side-by-side with the turkey in many Michigan homes this Thanksgiving. And we're not complaining. 😉
4. Green Bean Casserole. A midwest classic. Green Beans + Cream of Mushroom Soup + French Fried Onions = Delicious. Do not argue with us on this one.
5. Mashed Potatoes. And don't forget the gravy!
6. Stuffing. You may only eat it once a year, but this is a MUST!
7. Jell-O. Bonus points if it's your Grandma's recipe!
8. The Lions are on TV. A Thanksgiving tradition since 1934. Here's hoping for a win this year!
From all of us at Michigan Awesome, we wish you a very Happy Thanksgiving! And don't forget, our once-a-year, site-wide SALE is LIVE through Monday night!